Music is a passion. It’s an obsession. Fans talk about music the same way some talk about sports – they want to know the trivia, the stats, and the players behind the players and stories behind the stories. And they want to talk about ad nauseam. That’s why SiriusXM seized the opportunity to create the very first talk channel all about music, VOLUME (Ch. 106).
Roger Coletti, VOLUME’s executive producer and a former MTV/VH1 radio programming veteran, has spent the last six months bringing together a diverse cast of characters to deliver a mixture of live daily shows, artist interviews, weekly specials, a music trivia game show, album reviews, and several in-depth docuseries across all genres of popular music. Hosted by the most respected, knowledgeable, and passionate people in music today – including artists themselves – VOLUME will debut live Oct. 17 at 7 am ET.
VOLUME’s programming line-up will include:
- Feedback: A daily morning talk show hosted by nationally syndicated radio personality and former VH1 radio host Nik Carter, and Lori Majewski, a veteran magazine editor, entertainment journalist and author. Weekdays from 7-10 a.m. ET.
- Trunk Nation: A daily afternoon talk show, featuring TV host and legendary DJ Eddie Trunk, where he shares his stories from his 35-year career in music, interviews top artists, and brings listeners in on the action. Weekdays 2-4 p.m. ET
- Debatable: A daily afternoon show hosted by original MTV VJ and radio personality Mark Goodman and former SPIN and VIBE editor Alan Light, where the hot topics and music news of the day will be discussed, debated, dissected and sometimes destroyed. Weekdays 4-7 p.m. ET
- Rolling Stone Music Now, hosted by Rolling Stone editor Nathan Brackett, will bring this popular podcast to a new level by debuting it live from the SiriusXM studios. Each week, Nathan and his team will discuss and analyze the latest happenings in music, profile up-and-coming acts, and invite the audience to discuss new music. Fridays 1 p.m. ET
- Rap Radar Report, hosted by journalist and TV producer Elliott Wilson, brings together some of the biggest names in hip-hop for weekly discussions about the genre and the issues facing the hip-hop community. The premiere episode will feature an interview with rapper T.I. Mondays 7 p.m. ET
- Icons with Ron Bennington is a weekly series where Bennington talks to some of the most influential artists of our time about creativity, their careers, and their unique contributions to the universe. It’s honest, real talk with incredibly talented and creative people about what they do, and how they do it. Wednesdays 1 p.m. ET
- Written in My Soul with Bill Flanagan: A monthly special featuring a series of interviews with legendary musicians including Robert Plant and Paul Simon. Flanagan is a TV producer, commentator, and author of the book Written in My Soul, a collection of conversations about songwriting with Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Mick Jagger and others. New Monthly Episodes Air Wednesdays 7 p.m. ET
- Melissa’s Basement features Grammy Award-winning recording artist Melissa Etheridge teaming up with singer-songwriters as they share stories and get together for musical collaborations. Melissa’s Basement will premiere Oct.18, providing listeners a rare and honest view of musicians as they talk about their craft and get together for one-of-a-kind performances of some of their favorite songs. Upcoming guests will include David Crosby, Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo. New Monthly Episodes Air Tuesdays 7 p.m. ET
- Never Meet Your Heroes with Scott Ian features the Anthrax guitarist and heavy metal icon as he chats with his celebrity idols and musical influences about what inspires them. Corey Taylor of Slipknot will be the featured guest on the debut show. New Monthly Episodes Air Thursdays 7 p.m. ET
- True Stories with Kurt Loder will feature incredible stories from some of the most fascinating musicians, filmmakers and writers of our time, as told to the former MTV News anchor. Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top will be the first guest on True Stories. New Monthly Episodes Air Fridays 7 p.m. ET
- The Album Review Show features YouTube star and the internet’s busiest music nerd Anthony Fantano as he provides an in-depth discussion of the latest releases from new artists across all genres. Thursdays 1 p.m. ET
- ’70s ’80s ’90s NOW is a music trivia game show hosted by former MTV and VH1 personality Jim Shearer. This lively show that is equal parts name that tune and fun-filled trivia will allow listeners to test their musical IQ while learning some obscure facts. Tuesdays 1 p.m. ET
- The Last of The… is a series hosted by Ryan Duffy that celebrates the most colorful characters in a constantly evolving entertainment landscape. The series interviews notable names from iconic eras in music’s colorful history. As technology, innovation, and new business models provide ongoing face-lifts to the music business, some of our favorite figures and roles move outside the spotlight. Far from a love letter to a bygone era, the show is a living document of the most passionate characters in music today. New Monthly Episodes Air Tuesdays 1:30 p.m. ET
For a free 30-day trial, check out http://www.siriusxm.com/freetrial/blog
Tags:70's 80's 90's NOWalan lightanthony fantanobill flanagandavid frickedebatableeddie trunkelliott wilsonfeedbackiconsjim shearerkurt loderlori majewskimark goodmanmelissa etheridgemelissa's basementnathan brackettnever meet your heroesnik carterrap radar reportrolling stone music nowron benningtonryan duffyscott ianthe album review showthe last of thetrue storiestrunk nationvolumewritten in my soul
Kim Kardashian Reads Heartfelt Letter Her Father Wrote When She Was 13
Paul Giamatti Returns to ‘The Howard Stern Show’: Listen
Watch a Live Reading of the Season 10 Finale Episode of ‘Vanderpump Rules’
Hear Conan O’Brien’s Interview with President Joe Biden on Conan O’Brien Radio
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app