The regular season continues to roll by, and as the month of February heads to its second half here’s this week’s Big Ten Basketball Power Rankings.The calendar is running quickly to the end of February as the regular season races to the finish. Here’s a look at this week’s “Power Rankings:’
1. Purdue – The Boilermakers are still sitting pretty in the conference despite a few speed bumps of late including a 1-1 week against Maryland and Ohio State.
2. Indiana – A loss on the road to Northwestern was followed by a solid win versus Illinois for the Hoosiers.
3. Northwestern – The Wildcats had another stellar week fighting off Indiana at home and then blowing out Iowa as a follow-up.
4. Maryland – The Terrapins knocked off Purdue to start the week but then inexplicably lost at home to Nebraska.
5. Rutgers – A loss to Nebraska started the week for the Scarlet Knights who then ended a three game slide with a win over Wisconsin.
6. Iowa – Before the Hawkeyes lost to Northwestern on the road they beat Ohio State at home for a 1-1 record.
7. Penn State – Two wins against Illinois and Minnesota brought Penn State back to near .500 at 7-9 in the conference.
8. Illinois – A very tough week for the Fighting Illini with a pair of losses against Penn State and Indiana.
9. Nebraska – The resurgent Huskers are going to be trouble in the conference tourney as Nebraska keeps getting better in recent weeks.
10. Michigan – A split for the Wolverines included a loss at Wisconsin and an emotional win at home over Michigan State.
11. Michigan State – Playing basketball in the aftermath of the tragedy that happened on campus last week was difficult indeed for the Spartans who lost a tough game to in-state rival Michigan.
12. Wisconsin – A 1-1 week for the Badgers trying to stay on the bubble as the tournament approaches.
13. Minnesota – The Gophers lost their only game last week to Penn State.
14. Ohio State – Things can’t be much worse for the Buckeyes with a pair of losses last week against Iowa and Purdue.
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app