Pete Pistone and the rest of the SiriusXM Big Ten Radio team will unveil Power Rankings each week of the college basketball season. Check out this week’s edition of basketball Power Rankings below, and listen to SiriusXM Big Ten Radio (Ch. 372) on the SXM App now.The regular season schedule is heating up in Big Ten basketball. Here’s a look at this week’s “Power Rankings”:
- Purdue – The Boilermakers dropped an in-state battle against Indiana but are still the best team in the conference. Iowa and Northwestern are on this week’s schedule.
- Indiana – Big win for the Hoosiers against Purdue as Mike Woodson’s team continues to peak led by Trayce-Jackson David.
- Illinois – A talented team that still loses some close games. The Illini get a break this week in their schedule unfortunately due to COVID issues with Minnesota’s squad.
- Rutgers – A pair of giant games for the Scarlet Knights this week on the road against Illinois and Indiana.
- Maryland – Kevin Willard’s team was in some disarray earlier in the year but that’s not the case now as the Terps are playing very well.
- Iowa – The Hawkeyes carry a three-game winning streak into the week with a trip to Purdue and Minnesota set for this week.
- Northwestern – A 17-point loss at home against Michigan wasn’t a good way for this bubble team to start last week but the Wildcats came back to beat Wisconsin on the road.
- Michigan State – The Spartans are 2-5 in their last seven outings but the next four games include the struggling Ohio State and Minnesota squads.
- Penn State – One day they’re up beating Michigan by 22 and then the next two times out Penn State loses to Purdue and Nebraska.
- Michigan – The puzzle of the Wolverines may be coming together in Ann Arbor and Michigan has two very winnable games ahead against Nebraska and Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin – Putting the ball in the basket has been one of the main reasons for the Badgers’ struggles with Wisconsin passing the 60 point mark just once in the last four games.
- Ohio State – Where’s the bottom for the Buckeyes? They may find out with Northwestern, Michigan State and Purdue the next three outings.
- Nebraska – An upset win over Penn State has the Huskers set up for the Michigan and Nebraska double this week.
- Minnesota – Add COVID issues to the problems plaguing the Golden Gophers, who have lost three straight games by 20 points or more.
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app