The weather is ice cold around much of the country but hoops action is heating up. Here’s a look at this week’s Big Ten Basketball Power Rankings.
1. Purdue – The Boilermakers were upset on the road by a very good Nebraska team before coming home to knock off Penn State.
2. Wisconsin – The Badgers had a great week with wins over Ohio State and Northwestern and keep surging as winer rolls on.
3. Illinois – A close win over Michigan State at home was followed by a surprising loss to Maryland at home.
4. Nebraska – The Huskers knocked off Purdue at home and then went on the road losing to Iowa.
5. Michigan State – The road continues to be tough for the Spartans losing at Illinois before a home blowout victory over Rutgers.
6. Ohio State – Just one game for the Buckeyes last week and it was a loss at home to Wisconsin.
7. Maryland – A great week for the Terps with a pair of victories over Michigan and Illinois.
8. Northwestern – A tough win on the road against Penn State was followed with an equally tough loss at Wisconsin for the Wildcats.
9. Indiana – The Hoosiers dropped a game at Rutgers to start last week but bounced back at home with a victory over Minnesota.
10. Iowa – The Hawkeyes only played once last week and it resulted in a double digit win at home over Nebraska.
11. Rutgers – A 1-1 week for the Scarlet Knights beating Indiana before losing on the road to Michigan State on Sunday.
12. Minnesota – The Gophers had a seven-game winning streak snapped by Indiana on the road last week.
13. Penn State – A couple of losses for the Nittany Lions last week to Northwestern and Purdue.
14. Michigan – Tough sledding for the Wolverines continued with Michigan in a five game losing streak.
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app