As the calendar flips to February the stretch run to “March Madness” is on in the conference. Here’s a look at this week’s Big Ten Basketball Power Rankings.
1. Purdue – The Boilermakers keep rolling along putting victories over Michigan and Rutgers on the board last week.
2. Wisconsin – After a little hiccup, the Badgers got back in the right direction with wins against Minnesota and Michigan State.
3. Northwestern – The Wildcats had a big overtime win at home over arch-rival Illinois before taking down Ohio State a few days later.
4. Illinois – The Fighting Illini had a hard week with the overtime loss to Northwestern before rebounding against Indiana.
5. Michigan State – The Spartans had a shot to make a huge statement playing Wisconsin on the road but came up short.
6. Maryland – A pair of wins for the Terps over Iowa and Nebraska has Maryland back in the post-season discussion.
7. Nebraska – A split for the Huskers included losing to Maryland but taking down Ohio State at home.
8. Iowa – A close loss at home to Maryland opened the week for the Hawkeyes who came back to beat Michigan on the road.
9. Ohio State – The rollercoaster ride of the Buckeyes season is definitely heading down after a couple of losses to Nebraska and Northwestern.
10. Rutgers – The Scarlet Knights played only once last week and were beaten in a tough battle by Purdue.
11. Indiana – The Hoosiers played competitively but their only game of the week was a loss to Illinois.
12. Minnesota – The Gophers are still a bubble team after splitting games last week with Wisconsin and Penn State.
13. Penn State – The Nittany Lions remained below .500 after losing at home to Minnesota last week.
14. Michigan – Purdue and Iowa were the latest two teams to tag the Wolverines with losses.
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app