Conference play has produced some competitive basketball around the conference including a few upsets. Here’s a look at this week’s Big Ten Basketball Power Rankings.
1. Purdue – A couple of road wins versus Indiana and Iowa keep the Boilermakers soaring through the month of January.
2. Illinois – Star Terrence Shannon is back and the Fighting Illini put up wins over Michigan and Rutgers last week.
3. Wisconsin – A road loss to Penn State was a surprise but the Badgers rebounded nice beating Indiana in Madison.
4. Michigan State – Is this the roll the Spartans have been look to go on? Wins over Minnesota and Maryland have Michigan State in a better place.
5. Nebraska – A tough loss to Rutgers on the road was followed by an equally tough win over Northwestern at home.
6. Ohio State – Losing on the road against lowly Michigan wasn’t a good start to the week for the Buckeyes who came back to top Penn State at home.
7. Northwestern – The Wildcats too care of Maryland at home before coming up short in a road battle against Nebraska.
8. Iowa – A good but not great for the Hawkeyes splitting a pair of games with Minnesota and Purdue.
9. Maryland – The bounce back from Maryland ended last week as the Terps lost to Northwestern and Michigan State.
10. Rutgers – An overtime win over Nebraska at home got the week off on the right foot before Rutgers went to Illinois and lost to the Fighting Illini.
11. Indiana – Things didn’t get better for Indiana after getting blown out by Purdue as the Hoosiers lost again to Wisconsin on the road.
12. Penn State – A huge upset over Wisconsin at home got the Nittany Lions off to a good start last week before going on the road and losing to Ohio State.
13. Michigan – The Wolverines ended their five game losing streak with a win over Ohio State but Illinois followed that hanging a hard loss on Michigan.
14. Minnesota – A couple of losses to Iowa and Michkgan State have the Golden Gophers heading in the wrong direction.
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app