Purdue is beginning to separate itself from the field as hoops action rolls on through February. Here’s a look at this week’s Big Ten Basketball Power Rankings.
1. Purdue – A pair of big conference wins just days apart over Northwestern in OT and on the road versus Wisconsin has the Boilermakers among the elite.
2. Illinois – It wasn’t easy but the Fighting Illini won twice last week over Ohio State and fighting off a scrappy Nebraska team in overtime.
3. Northwestern – The Wildcats fought hard in the loss to Purdue on the road that unfortunately had a carryover effect losing to Minnesota days later.
4. Wisconsin – The Badgers had a tough week of games on the schedule and it showed with losses to both Nebraska and Purdue.
5. Michigan State – The numbers are adding up for the Spartans who have won ten of their last 13 and bring a two game winning streak into the week.
6. Nebraska – The Huskers had a very solid week despite splitting a pair of games with Wisconsin and Illinois and are still on pace to make the NCAA Tournament.
7. Maryland – A tough loss on the road to Michigan State didn’t help the Terrapins’ bid for a post-season berth.
8. Iowa – A loss to Indiana on the road and a win over Ohio State kept the Hawkeyes swuaely on the bubble for a tournament bid.
9. Penn State – Two nice road wins at Rutgers and Indiana were a bit of a surprise for a Nittany Lions team that is back to .500 at 11-11.
10. Rutgers – The Scarlet Knights looked really bad in a loss to Penn State but came but on the road to surprise Michigan in a much-needed victory.
11. Minnesota – A big win at home over Northwestern has Minnesota 5-5 in the conference with ten games left in the season.
12. Indiana – The Hoosiers continue to take two steps forward and one step back last week beating Iowa before losing to home to Penn State.
13. Ohio State – Two losses to Illinois and Iowa have the Buckeyes on a tailspin of four straight losses including losing seven of their last eight games.
14. Michigan – Losses to Michigan State and Rutgers have the Wolverines limping to the finish line of a disappointing season now standing at 7-15 overall.
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app