The PGA Championship is set to return to the famous Ocean Course on Kiawah Island, South Carolina, and SiriusXM will deliver listeners comprehensive play-by-play and talk coverage on Channels 208 or 92.
Beginning at 1pm ET on May 20 and continuing through the completion of each day’s play, hear live hole-by-hole coverage co-produced by SiriusXM and Westwood one. SiriusXM will also provide live look-ins during its programming in the morning and early afternoon each day to give listeners play-by-play and updates on featured groups playing earlier in the day.
SiriusXM’s PGA Championship broadcast team will feature play-by-play voice Brian Katrek alongside lead analyst Brad Faxon. Faxon competed in 22 PGA Championships during his career and finished fifth in 1995. Fred Albers, Mark Carnevale, Carl Paulson, and Bill Rosinski will be on the Ocean Course as roving reporters, following key playing groups during the Championship. SiriusXM’s Jason Sobel and Taylor Zarzour will conduct post-round interviews with players.
“The Ocean Course is one of the most spectacular venues in golf, and as the best players in the world meet there to compete for this year’s PGA Championship, we look forward to delivering our listeners comprehensive coverage throughout the week,” said Scott Greenstein, SiriusXM’s President and Chief Content Officer. “Our play-by-play will allow fans to follow all the key groups and moments, while getting exceptional insight from our broadcast team on the field and the course itself — before, during, and after the Championship.”
PGA Championship Week programming on SiriusXM will also feature comprehensive pre- and post-round coverage as well as specials airing throughout the week.
- On May 20 and 21, SiriusXM’s pre-round coverage will be hosted by David Marr III and former tour pros Mark Lye and Dennis Paulson from 8–10am ET. They will be followed by Drew Stoltz, Gary McCord and Jason Sobel hosting from 10am–1pm ET. SiriusXM’s pre-round programming each day will include live coverage of featured on-course groups, enabling listeners to stay close to the action throughout the day. On May 20, Taylor Zarzour will host The Starter live from 6–8am ET, giving listeners the opportunity to hear the earliest groups tee off.
- On May 22 and 23, David Marr will host PGA of America Radio live from 10–11am ET. A collaboration between SiriusXM and the PGA of America, the show focuses on expert PGA Member instruction, PGA of America golf events, and programs designed to grow the game. PGA of America Radio will lead into pre-round coverage both days hosted by Stoltz, McCord, and Sobel.
- Immediately following each round, listeners will hear a two-hour wrap-up of the day’s play, hosted by Marr, Lye, Paulson, and a rotating group of co-hosts that includes two-time PGA Championship winner Dave Stockton, Hale Irwin, Scott Simpson, Ricky Barnes, Robert Gamez, and John Cook.
- Fred Couples, who competed in 25 PGA Championships, including a runner-up finish in 1990, will host a new episode of The Fred Couples Show on Tuesday at 6pm ET.
- PGA Tour pro Jason Kokrak, who will be competing in this year’s Championship, will host his show, Crushing It with Kokrak, on Monday at 8pm ET with Taylor Zarzour.
- SiriusXM will also air a special commemorating the 30th anniversary of John Daly’s stunning victory at the 1991 PGA Championship at Crooked Stick GC in Indiana. The 25-year old Daly was in his rookie season on the PGA Tour when he was invited, as the ninth alternate, to play in the Championship. Despite arriving late in the week and not having time to play a practice round, Daly won by three strokes. Remarkably, Daly’s first major championship victory was also his first win as a PGA Tour member, and his performance at Crooked Stick and powerful drives instantly made him a star. Listeners will hear interviews with Daly, Billy Andrade, who played with Daly that week, and Gary McCord, who was on the broadcast team for the Championship. The special will premiere after the PGA Championship on May 25 at 7pm ET and can be heard anytime thereafter on the SiriusXM app.
SiriusXM’s lineup during Championship week also features shows hosted by top PGA and LPGA instructors Michael Breed, Jim McLean, Frank Darby, Brian Crowell, David Armitage, and Jeff Warne; former tour pros Colt Knost and Justin Leonard; as well as Michael Collins, Conrad Ray, Kyle Gentry, Trey Jones, Jeff Cameron, Chantel McCabe, and others.
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app