Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao predictions from celebrities and athletes

We’re collecting each Floyd Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao prediction made on SiriusXM. The superfight is scheduled to take place May 2 in Las Vegas.

Current predictions:

  • Mayweather – 24
  • Pacquiao – 7

Boyd Melson: Pacquiao

When [Pacquiao] gets in flush, within that space, he’s going to keep firing [his punches] under, it may not land on him flush, but it’s going to keep touching and touching and touching. … When you have a belief in yourself for something you’re representing that’s greater than yourself, and Manny carries a whole country, that does go a long way.

Rashad Evans: Mayweather

I gotta go with Mayweather and I’m going to say that because for 19 years, Mayweather has been champion. People say he hasn’t fought anybody real and he’s picked opponents, but one thing you cannot take away his skill.

Heather Hardy: Mayweather

I gotta say Money May. I gotta say that because he just doesn’t know how to lose. And there’s something that has to be said about someone who refuses to lose.

Joe Madison: Mayweather

I don’t know if this is the Fight of the Century, the Fight of the Decade, but the Fight of the Night, Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. My prediction? It’s Floyd, in whatever round. Kick ass, Floyd.

Teddy Atlas: Pacquiao

Sometimes [Mayweather] goes defensive too much, too often. And Pacquiao has the hand speed, the foot speed to get together, and he punches in volume. Puts punches together. I think Pacquiao takes advantage of those moments, he out-hustles, out-works Mayweather, and he wins a decision.

Nabate Isles: Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather will nail him with right hands throughout the fight. Floyd Mayweather will take advantage of his versatility. … [Mayweather will] go to the body, and then he’s going to start nailing him with right hands starting Rounds 6, 7, 8. I see Floyd Mayweather in a TKO, Round 10.

Wally Matthews: Mayweather

I hate to give away the ending, but I know what it’s going to be. Telling you right now, Floyd Mayweather is going to decision Manny Pacquiao pretty easily, because even though they’re both deteriorated, one guy is a lot more deteriorated than the other. I’m picking Floyd by a pretty easy decision.

“Gentleman” Gerry Cooney: Mayweather

I think during that fight we’re going to see Manny Pacquaio drop Floyd Mayweather with a body shot or a right hook to the head. I think in the long run the fight, going 12 rounds, Manny Pacquiao is going to take a hold of the first six, seven rounds, Floyd Mayweather will take over as he always does, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and win a decision over Manny Pacquiao.

Randy “Commish” Gordon: Mayweather

I think it’s going to be a sensational fight with the pressure all coming from Manny Pacquiao. But as he puts the pressure on, he’s going to be bringing out every ounce of greatness that’s left in Money Mayweather. I see the fight going to a decision, I see Money Mayweather pulling this one out on a very close decision.

Danny O’Connor: Mayweather

I’m picking Mayweather, and the reason why I’m picking Mayweather is I just think that he’s too smart. I think the person that sets the pace and fights the most effectively at their pace is going to be the winner.

Danny Garcia: Mayweather

I think in order for Pacquiao to win this fight, he has to go in and out, go with combinations, use his feet, and not get reckless and get countered coming in. I think for Floyd to win, all he has to do is stay on the outside, stay patient … If I had to pick somebody, I would definitely go with Mayweather.

Peter Quillin: Mayweather

I think Mayweather is the best purest pugilist in the world right now today. Manny Pacquiao is the best fighter all around, even with the losses, he’s still a great fighter. But for me I’m going to pick Mayweather, and I’m going to tell you why. Because it’s a personal thing I have. He’s from Grand Rapids Mich. I’m from Grand Rapids Mich. … He inspired me to be where I’m at today, and I wanna pick that guy only because he’s as close as to somebody I can touch that’s from where I’m from and made it to the highest level.

Scott Ferrall: Mayweather

I’ve never seen anybody get close to beating [Mayweather]. … He’s 36 minutes of basically science and boredom. His fights are boring. People talk about, “Hey doesn’t knock anybody out.” It doesn’t matter.

Willie Monroe Jr.: Mayweather

Floyd’s gonna win that. I think the first four rounds, Pacquiao will give him a bit of trouble … I think in Round 3 or 4, Floyd’s going to start finding those holes. … He’s going to outclass him, and possibly stop him late in the fight.

Alex Rodriguez: Mayweather

My call, which doesn’t mean anything, I would say Mayweather in a decision.

Wladimir Klitschko: Mayweather

I would say that probably Mayweather by 51 percent is going to have more chances to win this fight, and 49 percent I’m going with Manny Pacquiao.

RA the Rugged Man: Mayweather

Floyd’s a businessman. He’s not gonna take a fight unless he knows he wins it. … Mayweather will win, yeah.

Eddie Trunk: Mayweather

Even though I’ll be rooting for Pacquiao, I think Mayweather wins. You can’t get the vision out of your head of the losses Pacquiao took. The guy’s got five losses on his record, and the other guy’s got zero.

Ken Casey: Mayweather

My heart’s definitely with Manny, a guy who gives all that money back to his country and everything, but I do think Mayweather … you can’t deny this guy. If he beats Manny, he’s going to go down as the best in history.

Jim Ross: Mayweather

I think Mayweather wins. I think Pacquaio should be really happy he’s getting this fight. Trying to be a politician, he’s a singer, and maybe it is that he’s compensating for the skills he’s lost in the ring.

CC Sabathia: Mayweather

I think Mayweather. He just doesn’t get hit that much, and is a little more tactical.

Dellin Betances: Mayweather

Huge Mayweather fan so I’m definitely going to be rooting for him. … I think it’s going to be a great fight but I got Mayweather on this one.

Stephen A. Smith: Mayweather

I’ve said for years, that I’m picking Mayweather. I’ve said for months, I’m picking Mayweather. I’ve said for weeks, I’m picking Mayweather. I’ve said for days, I’m picking Mayweather. And come May 2nd, I’m still gonna be picking Mayweather.

Cousin Sal: Mayweather

I bet against Floyd all these times and lost, and now I feel like he’s going to win.

Del James: Manny Pacquiao

 The reason that this fight didn’t happen sooner is in Floyd’s lap. … I could see Floyd out-pointing him, but I think again once you go into those X-factors, Manny Pacquiao isn’t just a boxer. He is the Philippines. … If anyone can beat the best fighter in the world right now, which is Floyd Mayweather, I believe that’s Manny Pacquiao, and I predict that’s what’s going to happen.

  • Kid Kelly: Manny Pacquiao
  • Ronnie Triana: Floyd Mayweather
  • Geronimo: Floyd Mayweather
  • Mojo Nixon: Manny Pacquiao in five
  • Jess Besack: Manny Pacquiao
  • Vincent Usuriello: Manny Pacquiao

For a free 30-day trial, check out siriusxm.com/fbtrial.

Powered by WordPress.com VIP