Chris Cornell died suddenly at age 52 Wednesday, according to his representative. The Soundgarden frontman was one of the iconic forefathers of the ’90s grunge movement and has sold more than 30 million records worldwide.
Soundgarden performed Wednesday night in Detroit and was slated to play Friday night at this weekend’s Rock on the Range music festival in Ohio.
The all-talk music channel VOLUME (Ch. 106) is remembering the life and career of Cornell. All day they are taking calls (844-6-VOLUME) from fans, especially people who were at Wednesday’s Soundgarden show in Detroit.
Lithium (Ch. 34), SiriuisXM’s Grunge rock and ’90s alternative channel, will pay tribute to Cornell with music and specials airing through the weekend.
- Hear music from Chris’ projects including Soungarden, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave, and his solo releases through the weekend.
- At 5 pm ET, hear an encore of the live tribute show hosted by Grant Random and David Fricke.
- Hear a 2015 SiriusXM Artist Confidential with Chris Cornell airing at 8 pm ET, with replays through Sunday.
Hear more Chris Cornell specials On Demand on the SiriusXM app and online player.
- Chris Cornell Artist Confidential: https://siriusxm.us/214646
- Spectrum Session w/Chris Cornell: https://siriusxm.us/287858
- Soundgarden Town Hall: https://siriusxm.us/229230
Cornell awed us with his performance of Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U ‘in the SiriusXM studios in 2015.
He also played ‘Fell on Black Days’ and ‘Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart.’
Check back for updates about on-air programming tributes for Cornell. Join our hosts below in honoring the late icon…
Music, Sports, News and more
All in one place on the SiriusXM app