At this point, you’re probably fully aware that the 2014 Grammys are happening this Sunday (Jan. 26 at 8 pm ET). There’s just soooo much to look forward to this year, what with all the high-profile nominees, the many performers, and, of course, who will take home those coveted gold gramophones.
Since we’re sure it must get exhausting to keep up with what exactly is in store for the big show (there’s a lot of ground to cover), we thought we’d break down what you’ll see on the big night. (No spoilers or winner info, though. Our crystal fortune balls are out of commission.)
1) LL Cool J is the host this year! Yep, he’s going back to Cali.
2) Grammy vet Taylor Swift will perform. Also, she’s nominated for three Grammys and already owns seven. No big deal.
3) Seven-time nominee Macklemore and Ryan Lewis are performing.
4) Country chanteuse Kacey Musgraves will perform.
5) Sara Bareilles will perform with pop vet Carole King. Think of the piano possibilities!
6) Country legend Keith Urban will perform.
7) John Legend will perform. (Um, and we secretly hope he performs nude with new wife Chrissy Teigen.)
8) Former Beatles members Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr will perform together AND receive their Lifetime Achievement Awards. Mind = blown.
9) Elusive electronic robot duo Daft Punk will take the stage with Stevie Wonder and Pharrell. Fun fact: It’ll be Daft Punk’s first televised performance since the 2008 Grammys!
10. Kendrick Lamar will perform with Imagine Dragons.
11. Pink and fun.’s Nate Ruess will perform their hit track, Just Give Me A Reason. Just give me a reason NOT to watch this.
12. Robin Thicke will perform with ’70s rock staple Chicago. Hey, hey, hey.
13. Katy Perry will perform… and you’re gonna hear her roar (or-or-or-or-or).
14. Teenage wunderkind and recent Rookie BFF Lorde will perform. See her acting all mature below.
15. Merle Haggard, Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, and Blake Shelton will perform. Um, if they could please duet on Okie From Muskogee, that’d be great. Thanks.
16. Metallica will perform. Wait, what’s that? Do we detect the perfect excuse to watch their 1989 Grammys performance? UH, YEAH. RAWK.
For a free 30-day trial, click here http://bit.ly/1hLC8LU.